Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Screen Doors and Sweet Tea: Recipes and Tales from a Southern Cook Right now


Over All Rating Reviews :
I bought this book to give to my Louisiana-born mother-in-law, but I'm tempted to keep it for myself. The stories are delightful, the photos are beautiful, but the recipes are the real star of the show here. If you grew up eating southern food, you'll find your old favorites (fried chicken, cheese grits, banana pudding) plus some updated versions of classics, and lots of fresh ideas, too! I'll be making curried sweet potato soup this weekend, and I can't wait for summer so I can try a cantaloupe daiquiri! Martha Hall Foose adds a generous helping of her own charming personality; her wit makes the book fun to read. An example: she warns us against the cheap vanilla wafers, saying "banana pudding is no time to be a skinflint." I couldn't agree more. Take this book into the kitchen or curl up on the sofa--you'll enjoy it either way.
Get more detail about Screen Doors and Sweet Tea: Recipes and Tales from a Southern Cook.


!: Trombone Case Order Now !: Promotional Wear Pashmina Scarf







No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。